THE BIGGEST CENTURY FIELD IN THE NASHVILLE AREA:
Riders like it for its relative lack of adversity. Novices come to complete their first centuries. Veterans come to set personal records. Hammerheads ride their big chain rings all day long. The scenery is sweet, but you can sum up what everybody likes in two words: easy and fast. Don't you deserve a holiday from climbing every now and then—and from traffic and rough pavement?
THE SUNRISE IS EXACTLY 100.00 MILES LONG:
Calibrated with a Jones-Oerth-Lacroix counter, following the same painstaking procedures as the International Olympic Committee and USATF course certifiers. It begins at Rossview High School and moves clockwise through Montgomery County, Tennessee, and three counties in Kentucky - mainly Todd County but also Christian and Logan.
YOUR FASTEST CENTURY?
IT COULD be. It should be, because here, you ride faster by maintaining a steady effort over an easy course, not by taking chances. We don’t encourage reckless riding. We also limit speeds, by avoiding fast downhills. The century course does have a single quarter-mile rise of 66 feet. All the rest are short and shallow. THIS IS A RIDE, NOT A RACE. Obey the laws, be courteous, and use common sense. Judicious doesn’t have to mean slow!
- Helmets are required for all riders.
- A full release must be signed by all participants (parent or guardian must sign for and accompany children under 18).
You may be asked for this twice...just to be on the safe side!
- Abide by all traffic laws.
- Be polite to other riders and respectful of home and property owners.
- Please do not ride more than 3 abreast.
- SAG support will suspend at 4:00 pm. Showers close at 4:30 pm. No exceptions.
- Rest Stops will close when the broom wagon passes on a given route.
YOUR FEE INCLUDES...
- T-Shirt on day of ride for pre-registered riders. (...and while they last, for those who sign up on the day of the event.
All others will be mailed after the ride, if we run out. You must fill out a LEGIBLE mailing label, please. )
- Cue sheets
- Well marked roads
- SAG support (until 4:00 pm)
- Rest stops
- Showers after the ride (bring your own soap and towel)
- Spaghetti meal if you have an appetite
- And, heaven forbid: emergency Medical services
ABOUT THE RIDE 2018
Sunrise Rotary Club